Wednesday 5 June 2013

One Afternoon at IIT Guwahati





It’d be very wrong on my part if I talk only about the beautiful rain and the black clouds that swirls around just a moment prior to the rains (and even when it does not rain, they sometimes just come and go); and not mention ‘the actual summer’ of Guwahati.

No doubt our campus looks majestic when it rains, just a little less majestic than the River Brahamputra himself.

But the dryness and humidity in the weather that pertains for longer duration during summer, drains out every single drop of liquid from the body. Well in these times, I prefer spending my whole day in the Library rather than staying in the room.

This is a photograph which I took in the evening when the Sun actually thought of showing mercy to all the inhabitants of this place, but still everything looks bright. Just wonder, how bad the afternoon would have been.

But this is just one aspect of the photograph.

The other one is, when I look at this young tree in the middle which is facing the scorching sun all by his own and at the same time trying to protect the grass that comes under it’s shade, it reminds me of an orphan kid in this world who cannot take care of his own properly but still wants to help others. This reminded me of retro Bollywood movies in which the actor is orphan right from the birth but still goes on changing the face of nation or the society from which he comes from. We students have problems of our own, I don’t deny that. We have limited financial resources, time crunch etc but that should not stop us from helping others, don’t you think?

No comments:

Post a Comment