Wednesday 1 April 2015

Nostalgia

I have a crazy notion about the turn of events in my life where I believe that everything happens for a reason and nothing is a co-incidence. I do not know the reasons why everything happens or had happened but there is a voice inside my head that tells me to make a note of all the incidents. My time here in college has been very memorable. I couldn't have asked for anything better. It taught me, It groomed me and let me had had fun through all the teaching and grooming sessions. Apart from the seniors and batch mates having impact on me, my juniors affected me in many ways and amidst all this I find myself living in a time which offered a great variety from the usual usual-ness. 

The end is closing in and it makes me recapitulate the days I spend here highlighting the important events. I might be missing on a broad range of topics and events and for that I'm sorry. A human mind although so powerful turns weak against time and forgets incidents. It forgets even more when you sit down and write. Before you start reading it, I'd like to make an announcement. I have been working with +Shashank Agarwal  on this list and our aim is to make this list complete and comprehensive. We tried covering all the aspect that came in our minds but we know that we might be missing a lot. (In addition to that, we aren't including the celebrities visiting the campus during fests because it changes every year and every batch has it's own chance of meeting certain celebrities.) So, if you'd like anything to be added to it, inbox me. Now without further delay

Here it goes:


1 ) We were the old-new (second last) batch to be admitted in an old-new IIT with an old-new selection procedure.

2) We have been experimented with all kind of mess system in the span of four years. Right from compulsary to partial conpulsary and non-compulsion system.

3) From Building Hostels to leaning of the hostel.

4) Inter-IIT in IIT Guwahati.

5) The elected Gymkhana was dissolved.

6) New Girls Hostel - None of the older batches saw the under construction and completion of a new girls hostel. 

7) New SAC

8) The Hostels which never made to the top in points table in competitions started making it.

9) One of the Best Convener was not even called a Convener but was called OC. Getting Scrapped and then the happening of the fest.

10) A backlog student went on organizing Inter-IIT and he was praised so much for it.

11) Disco awarded with a reward of sem back for the first time. And then one of those guy went on bagging one of the most prestigious internship and all of them have been the best placement volunteers.

12) The best promo videos and Techniche nights outside Auditorium.

13) The emergence of the Current Campus Junta and The Dark Knight Rose with his superpower keyboard to stop the Substance Abuse :P

14) Formation of Department of BaBE (It was figuratively now it is literally)

15) The skinniest guy of the campus went on to become Mr. IIT.

16) Two Sports Secretaries and both from the same lobby. 

17) Departmental Fests

18) Manthan Scrapped and then Revamped.

19) The department which is supposed to give us better structures and houses had it's own terrace fall down. 

20) The Chemistry Professor finally got his haircut.

21) The Mad (about his work) King of NSS.

22) IITG got its first vehicle. #SAE

23) A Batch Video #Happy

24) A Trekking Night-Out with a Professor and the Elephants.

25) The Running Start Ups and they are getting famous day by day.

26) Forget the Joint, there's a sexy Food Joint now :D :D The Bank Canteen got upgraded to IRCTC. 

27) We were so close to be declared a wildlife park with Leopard sighting and the Python capture incident. 

28) We started MUN's in the campus. 



Like life is, everything hadn't been quite smooth as we faced the most dreadful incidents that can happen in a college namely suicides (which is sadly increasing in number) and molestation cases. 

IIT Guwahati still in its young stage has faced problems (apart from the problem that every new college suffers for example placements and alumni funds) beyond compare be it about people having their fear when they come here for the first time or the connectivity with the central India but overtime, it has tackled all the situations and I have a very strong hope that the few problems that have cropped in recent days will be completely taken care of in the coming days and the batches further will come up with even a better list than mine. 

No comments:

Post a Comment